Mines in Africa
Mines in Africa – District Level
This table contains information about mine location (total and by commodity) for 5,835 African ADM2 units
Name of ADM1 unit
Name of ADM2 unit
Total number of mines in ADM2 unit
Total number of mines in ADM2 unit by commodity:
- The mine variables were constructed using the Spatial join tool from ArcMap 9.3.
- We used the Eckert VI equal-area projection.
- This dataset was constructed in April 2014.
- Mines: U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). 2005. Mineral Resources Data System: U.S. Geological Survey, Reston, VA.
- The spatial boundary file is taken from the Global Administrative Boundaries Database: http://gadm.org/
If you are using this data, please use ALL of the following citation:
- U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). 2005. Mineral Resources Data System: U.S. Geological Survey, Reston, VA.
- GADM database of Global Administrative Areas, http://www.gadm.org/, Version 1 Accessed May 2012.
This dataset was constructed using financial support from the Australian Research Council (ARC DP150100061 ).
This data is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.